Let’s be honest, math was not my best subject in school. I muddled through Algebra I and II in high school, I took “math for morons” in college, but my true love was English class. Words and stories were what I loved. Numbers were so precise—so black and white. To me the world was filled with shades of gray.
Considering numbers today, I think about how we seek them out as confirmation in financials, as a constant in planning and a significant way to make sense of the world. Think about baseball box scores, basketball shot percentages… think about your country's census or any of the myriad of research reports you look at each day. These types of numbers (data) help us understand sports, society and our financial position.
Today, I crave data. It’s not enough to just get the numbers, but to compare them and extrapolate from them. What are the numbers really saying to us? How can we use this information for our business advantage? What opportunity exists in the numbers?
What number is most important to me right now? 11,000. Yes, that’s right—11,000. CREW Network is now more than 11,000 strong. WOW! Congratulations to CREW Network leadership and our chapters for success in attracting more than 11,000 members. This milestone is worth celebrating. Since 2009, we’ve steadily seen our membership grow. As I assess the growth and our numbers, here’s what the numbers tell me:
- Industry professionals recognize and value the work that CREW Network is doing.
- Opportunities to access deals through our online platform has grown significantly.
- Members give and get more business than ever through CREW Network.
- Our chapters and affiliate groups deliver great programs and connect members locally.
- Industry leaders recognize the value of being aligned with CREW Network to transform the industry by advancing women globally.
- CREWbiz, our online community, brings connections, experts and trusted contacts to members in real time.
- FOMO! There is so much energy and excitement about CREW Network’s new initiatives including our Leadership Certificate program, global expansion and industry research that more executives want to be a part of it. No one wants to miss out on what’s happening at CREW.
Our strength is in our numbers. The more industry professionals who join CREW Network, the more opportunities for connections, relationships and most important of all—business deals. Members are realizing more benefits than ever before as we up our game to provide not only access to deals, but opportunities for business relationships to flourish. We are the central force in creating an environment where everyone wins. Welcome to the Network that works: CREW Network.
more CREW View
Wendy Mann is the chief executive officer of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Network and president of the CREW Network Foundation.