Q: How do I achieve 100% profile completion?
A: To achieve 100% completion on your CREWbiz profile, you must have a headshot, biography, education, and experience. Once you have these four things, your profile will be considered 100% complete.
Q: Why isn't my Speaker Profile available to the public?
A: Double check that all of the required fields have been filled out: first name, last name, job title, company, and speaker bio. Once you've entered all the required information, your profile will appear in the search results.
Q: What is my username/password?
A: Your CREWbiz login credentials are the same username and password that you use to log in to this site. If you have forgotten your login credentials or need assistance with your login information, contact CREW Network headquarters at +1 (785) 832-1808 or email@example.com.
Q: How do I update my contact information?
A: While on your CREWbiz profile page, select the pencil icon next to "Contact Details" in the left column. This will take you to your My Account page on the CREW Network public website. Changes will appear on your CREWbiz profile within 30 minutes of saving.
Q: Can I control the frequency of emails I receive?
A: While on your CREWbiz profile page click on the "My Account" tab. Choose "Community Notifications" from the drop-down menu. On that page, there are subscription options for each discussion. Your options are:
Real Time: sends an email every time a message is posted.
Daily Digest: sends one email to you each day, consolidating all of the posts from the previous day.
No Email: allows you to be part of the group without having emails sent to you. You can still post and read others’ messages by logging into the community site.
Q: How do I find other members?
A: While on the CREWbiz Community, click the “Directories" dropdown found in the main navigation bar. Then click on "Member Directory". The member directory lets you search for other members based on:
Areas of Specialty
CRE Trade Associations
Q: Why should I add contacts to my contact list?
A: Creating this virtual address book makes it easy to send your contacts messages through the community site to stay in touch, ask questions or even build a referral network. Additionally, when you view another member’s profile, you’ll be able to see any contacts you have in common. You can also choose to let your contacts view certain demographics in your profile that others can't.
Q: How do I respond to others’ posts?
A: To respond to a discussion post, navigate to the discussion post and click “Reply to Discussion” to send your message to the entire community. To send a message toa the only author of the post, please send them an email. We recommend emaling the sender directly for simple comments like "thanks" or “me, too” that add little value to the overall discussion; and replying to the entire community when you are sharing knowledge, experience or resources that others could benefit from.
Q: How do I start a new discussion thread?
A: While on the CREWbiz Community, click the “Participate" dropdown found in the main navagaion bar. Then click “Post a Message.” You can also use the “Post Message” link located at the top of every community notification email.
Q: Can I see a list of all posts to the Open Forum?
A: While on the CREWbiz Community, click the “Participate" dropdown found in the main navagaion bar. Then click “Browse Discussion Posts.” If you see a post you’re interested in, click the subject line which will take you to the entire thread.
Q: How do I find uploaded resources?
A: While on the CREWbiz Community, click on “Resource Center” in the main navagation bar. If you do not know where the resource might be, enter search terms in the main navagation search box the same way you might enter search terms into Google or another search engine.
Q: How does the Resource Center get populated?
A: The CREWbiz Resource Center is populated in two ways:
1. When you include an attachment in a discussion post, the system automatically places it in the affiliated library.
2. You can also upload documents directly to a library by using the “Share a File” link found under “Participate” in the main navigation or "Submit New Resource" button on the Resource Center page. Resources are not required to be associated with a discussion thread.
Q: How do I tag a discussion post or library resource?
Tags (also known as #hashtags) are like behind-the-scenes organizers, helping to categorize your site's content and make it easier to find. For example, if 15 users tag their content with #mentoring, all 15 pieces of content can be viewed simply by clicking the tag.
- In the body of content (e.g. discussion post, library entry, etc.), initiate the tagging process by typing "#" and then start typing the desired keyword(s). As you type, a list of existing, suggested tags will appear (if any exist). CREW Network tags are created and defined by the community manager to reflect the organization's approved tagging taxonomy.
- Select a suggested tag.
- After selecting a tag it will become a hyperlink users can click to view all content associated with it. As more and more content is tagged with the same tag(s), it will become easier and easier to find, with more and more associated content.
Q: How do I search tagged content?
There are two ways to view content associated to a specific tag:
- Using the search bar. If you know a tag's name, you can enter it into the search bar to view its associated content. For example, I want to view CREWbiz content with the tag Retail. I can do so by entering tags:"retail" in the search bar.
- Clicking tags. In addition to manually searching via tags, you can also click a tag within a blog article, discussion post, library entry, etc. to browse its associated content. Just like searching tag keyword(s), clicking a tag displays its associated content in the search results